Some children walk around the dial, others sleep three hours less. To each his needs! The important thing is to bring your child to sleep.
Why do some children need more sleep than others?
- From one child to another, sleep needs can vary from two to three hours. Why ? Mystery. This may be due to genetic factors, because we often find the same behavior in the parents. What is known, on the other hand, is that this more or less great appetite for sleep appears very early. Some newborns sleep twenty hours a day, others six less, the average being around sixteen hours.
- So small and already labeled small or large sleeper? Not quite. Sometimes these sleep behaviors change during childhood.
- But, once out of adolescence, the adult is likely to stay true to his teacherhe sleeper: small (if sleeps less than six hours), tall (if he needs nine-ten hours) or in between.
For what reasons should a child be happy with sleep?
- During sleep, the child secretes a valuable substance: growth hormonee, essential to its physical development. It makes antibodies and eliminates the fatigue of the day.
- The brain takes advantage of this moment of rest to develop.
- Finally, psychoanalysis has largely focused on the role of dreams in resolving the conflicts of the day.
1 2 3